“Pretty is as Pretty Does”
Boudoir photographers have a reputation that is our job to make you feel beautiful, to make you feel empowered and strong, and sexy. Well, I disagree. It is not on me to make you feel a certain way. IT IS YOUR JOB TO MAKE YOU FEEL BEAUTIFUL. It is my job, as the photographer, to bring you the tools and the experience to look within and realize who you are, what you are capable of, and how you feel. The work is all on you, lady! I won’t lie, it is WORK to overcome the societal standards of what beauty is and what your life should look like. Trust me, I am working on it every single day. I know it is not as easy as it seems to just accept or believe YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. You have to show up for yourself and the what you care about in this world. It is easy to blame the modeling era and the perfectly tanned skin of all the wanderlust girls on Instagram, but truth is we do not give ourselves enough credit of all the good we do in the world. We are usually to busy bitching and comparing ourselves to others to even realize it! Plus beauty is subjective. Our looks WILL fade. It is inevitable. So, what we have to look back on in this world and within ourselves it what we did and how we made others feel. Those habits and actions are beautiful.
The work starts here:
1. Start a journal. Writing out all your thoughts, feelings, fears, all the ugly dark shit deep within ourselves. Write it all out! Because we cannot truly accept ourselves if we are to busy judging and trying to ignore, and cover up the dark and ugly parts. Truth is we are all imperfect beings. As soon as we accept we are imperfect is when we start to feel beautiful.
2. Sit in silence. Feel the sunshine on your face. Breath. These very very small moments inyour day to day will begin to snowball into making a huge impact on your life!
3. Feel gratitude. Feel gratitude that you woke up this morning. That you have clean clothes to put on. Feel gratitude for how good your shampoo smells. Right away it may feel hard to feel gratitude for how your life and physical self looks as a whole, but if you feel gratitude for the little things they begin to build one beautiful world.
4. Eat healthy. If your body feels good, YOU feel good. You look good and perform good.
5. This goes with number 4, EXERCISE. I started to really get into physical fitness to look good! I wanted that flat stomach and an amazing ass, but as I got older I realized how important it was for my body to function properly. When my body is operating like it should, then I feel and look beautiful!
6. Do something for someone else. It is scientifically proven that the happiest people in the world are those that act and give to others. Happy people = beautiful people.
7. Small gestures count too! Hold the door for someone. Pick up a small piece of litter in the parking lot. Pick up a stray dog and find its owner. Small gestures to you, are BIG to others.
8. Talk kindly about others.
9. Sit with reality. Right now I am in a place where I dream of BIG things. I want so many things and I complain or feel frustrated that I don’t have those things yet, which makes me angry, judgmental, and resentful sometimes. What I am slowly realizing through hard work is that I have everything I have ever wanted. I am exactly where I am supposed to be and God has granted me what I wanted in this world. I was just to busy bitching and looking to closely at my life to see the bigger picture. I made 2 columns. Column one was everything I wanted in life. Column two was writing out what I already had and was thankful for. The more I wrote the more I realized my 2 columns were matching up! Now is my life perfect? Of course not! Do I yearn for more, to grow, to dream bigger? YES! I am sitting with my reality though and it is beautiful.
Here is where an Inspire Boudoir shoot is beneficial! Nature is the tool that calms the mind, frees your anxiety, and makes you feel beautiful. Your boudoir images are a documentation of the tranquility and inspiration you felt being in nature. That’s inspire boudoir! A simple reflection of just how beautiful you really are! It is a reflection of all that hard work to ignore societal standards and stay true to yourself.
FEEL BEAUTIFUL AT THE WILDY INSPIRED BOUDOIR/YOGA RETREAT
CLICK THE IMAGE FOR WEBSITE AND DETAILS