Springtime is a season of new beginnings, growth, and renewal. Changes big and small are more welcome into our lives. It is a chance to be more open and re-focus on what is really important - to really ask, 'Who am I and what do I want?'
Miss H and I captured just that - the sense of new beginnings in the full bloom of the Texas bluebonnets. As women we are constantly challenged in society. We are challenged to be both sexy and professional, to be mothers and career women, to be bold but delicate. We are evolutionary creatures. Dare to evolve. Dare to try something new.
Spring is usually a time where many clean their homes, purge their closets, and drive cars full of excess stuff to the Goodwill. It feels good doesn't it? To create breathing room and open space in your home. What if instead of spring cleaning our homes, we spring cleaned our hearts and souls? We did the work to evolve, try something new, and ignite a change!
Little ways to declutter your heart and soul:
1. Let Go. Let go of the past that no longer serves you. Let go of missed conversations you wished you had. Let go of mistakes. Easier said than done, I know! I will get to how you can learn to start letting go in the next steps.
2. Journal. Whether you are a full blown writer, you like to bullet point, or if you are like me and just like to jot little notes in Google Keep - journaling helps clear your mind. I like to call it a brain dump. If you dump everything on paper then there isn't anything scrambled up in your mind. Thoughts and dreams are easier to sort through and you can start to evaluate what is important to you. Just like Marie Kondo teaches you before you throw out a piece of clothing, "Does it spark joy?" Do the same with these notes. If it is a hell yes, then highlight it! If it doesn't, then move on and focus your energy on other things. The more you do this, the better your intuition will be.
3. Drink Water I know this seems like more of a physical spring cleaning, but the mind cannot think clearly without it! So drink up!
4. Daily time outside - without your phone! It is scientifically proven that being outdoors lowers stress and heightens your awareness and energy levels. Being outdoors physically and metaphorically freshens you. It clears you out and fills you with space. More space to think and focus on what is important to you. Plus physically moving your body outdoors has a way of making us feel lighter, more focused, and overall happier.
5. Avoid screen time. Phones and computer are AMAZING! I am on one right now typing away to connect with you fabulous people, but they are also detrimental to our mental health. They have a way of making us fuzzy and bogged down. Unplug and recharge by getting off your device and into your life!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
I am a wife, dog and baby mama in Austin. I am obsessed with saving dogs and this planet earth. I cannot wait to teach you how to unplug through nature and boudoir.