“Pretty is as Pretty Does”
Boudoir photographers have a reputation that is our job to make you feel beautiful, to make you feel empowered and strong, and sexy. Well, I disagree. It is not on me to make you feel a certain way. IT IS YOUR JOB TO MAKE YOU FEEL BEAUTIFUL. It is my job, as the photographer, to bring you the tools and the experience to look within and realize who you are, what you are capable of, and how you feel. The work is all on you, lady! I won’t lie, it is WORK to overcome the societal standards of what beauty is and what your life should look like. Trust me, I am working on it every single day. I know it is not as easy as it seems to just accept or believe YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. You have to show up for yourself and the what you care about in this world. It is easy to blame the modeling era and the perfectly tanned skin of all the wanderlust girls on Instagram, but truth is we do not give ourselves enough credit of all the good we do in the world. We are usually to busy bitching and comparing ourselves to others to even realize it! Plus beauty is subjective. Our looks WILL fade. It is inevitable. So, what we have to look back on in this world and within ourselves it what we did and how we made others feel. Those habits and actions are beautiful.
The work starts here:
1. Start a journal. Writing out all your thoughts, feelings, fears, all the ugly dark shit deep within ourselves. Write it all out! Because we cannot truly accept ourselves if we are to busy judging and trying to ignore, and cover up the dark and ugly parts. Truth is we are all imperfect beings. As soon as we accept we are imperfect is when we start to feel beautiful.
2. Sit in silence. Feel the sunshine on your face. Breath. These very very small moments inyour day to day will begin to snowball into making a huge impact on your life!
3. Feel gratitude. Feel gratitude that you woke up this morning. That you have clean clothes to put on. Feel gratitude for how good your shampoo smells. Right away it may feel hard to feel gratitude for how your life and physical self looks as a whole, but if you feel gratitude for the little things they begin to build one beautiful world.
4. Eat healthy. If your body feels good, YOU feel good. You look good and perform good.
5. This goes with number 4, EXERCISE. I started to really get into physical fitness to look good! I wanted that flat stomach and an amazing ass, but as I got older I realized how important it was for my body to function properly. When my body is operating like it should, then I feel and look beautiful!
6. Do something for someone else. It is scientifically proven that the happiest people in the world are those that act and give to others. Happy people = beautiful people.
7. Small gestures count too! Hold the door for someone. Pick up a small piece of litter in the parking lot. Pick up a stray dog and find its owner. Small gestures to you, are BIG to others.
8. Talk kindly about others.
9. Sit with reality. Right now I am in a place where I dream of BIG things. I want so many things and I complain or feel frustrated that I don’t have those things yet, which makes me angry, judgmental, and resentful sometimes. What I am slowly realizing through hard work is that I have everything I have ever wanted. I am exactly where I am supposed to be and God has granted me what I wanted in this world. I was just to busy bitching and looking to closely at my life to see the bigger picture. I made 2 columns. Column one was everything I wanted in life. Column two was writing out what I already had and was thankful for. The more I wrote the more I realized my 2 columns were matching up! Now is my life perfect? Of course not! Do I yearn for more, to grow, to dream bigger? YES! I am sitting with my reality though and it is beautiful.
Here is where an Inspire Boudoir shoot is beneficial! Nature is the tool that calms the mind, frees your anxiety, and makes you feel beautiful. Your boudoir images are a documentation of the tranquility and inspiration you felt being in nature. That’s inspire boudoir! A simple reflection of just how beautiful you really are! It is a reflection of all that hard work to ignore societal standards and stay true to yourself.
FEEL BEAUTIFUL AT THE WILDY INSPIRED BOUDOIR/YOGA RETREAT
CLICK THE IMAGE FOR WEBSITE AND DETAILS
1. GET BACK YOUR SEXY!
You were a woman first. A woman with swag and sex appeal. You were a woman before you were a mom and now that you are walking milk dispenser for tiny humans, it is easy to forget that you were once that sexy woman. So grab your favorite set of lingerie or that dress that makes you walk a little taller, and book yourself an outdoor boudoir shoot!
2. IT WILL ALSO BENEFIT YOUR KIDS
Not only is it easy to forget you are a sexy woman, but it is easy to forget your initial hopes and desires when you are caring for kiddos. An outdoor boudoir experience taps into nature's powerful ability to remind you of who you are at your core and inspires you to take that experience home with you! Your kids will see this shift and will also be inspired to go for their dreams, to connect with what is important, and to ultimately always be true to themselves.
3. TO REMIND YOURSELF AND OTHERS YOU ARE MORE THAN JUST A MOM
It is easy to get stuck in a rut when you are busy living your life for others. When there is already so much to clean and laundry to wash, is it really necessary to change sweat pants? Yes girl, it is! Throwing your dirty hair in a bun and putting on those trusty sweat pants does sound appealing, but get out of that comfort zone! It is not okay to live complacent in life! It is not okay for your kids to see that either. Push yourself to try something new and remind yourself you are more than just a mom. You are an adventurous, fierce, hardworking woman and you are an inspiration to others!
You are an adventurous, fierce, hardworking woman and you are an inspiration to others!
4. FOR BETTER SEX!
Let's not forget what brought those little bundles of joy into this world to begin with! Not only it is easy to forget to care for yourself, but it is easy to forget to care for your significant other! Parenting isn't supposed to be a one person job. It takes 2 to make them and it should take 2 to care for them! So what makes you and your person feel more connected to work together? SEX. An outdoor boudoir shoot is an experience that makes women feel more primal, more connected, and sexy AF! Most of the time, they cannot wait to get home and work off all that adrenaline created during their boudoir shoot! And those beautiful images are just a reminder to not only feel more connected to yourself, but to connect with your person too!
5. BECAUSE YOU DESERVE A BREAK DAMNIT!
Mom life is chaotic. You experience life changing moments ALL THE TIME from giving birth, to those first steps, to sending them off to college and it just doesn't slow down long enough for you to take a breath and let it all in. Outdoor boudoir uses nature as a tool to help you breath, refocus, and feel refreshed. It is a spa day mixed with a little sexy. So experience something just for yourself and get to your inherent qualities of power and beauty through nature.
MOMS DESERVE A RELAXING WEEKEND TOO!
Book your spot at my Wildly Inspired boudoir/yoga retreat! 3 days of nature, calm. and beauty. Click on the image below for details!
Feminism: the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities.
Last post I mentioned I am not a feminist in the way society has deemed feminism. You can read that HERE. I believe 100% in the actual definition of feminism. I believe in the equal rights and opportunities for both men and women, especially growing up an only child, independent. I was taught to do everything, "feminine and masculine" tasks, cleaning and changing a tire. Getting paid less just because of my sex is NOT okay with me. Treating me differently because I may fit a female stereotype is NOT okay. However, I believe I should not hate men just because they are paid more, because they are more likely to gain respect. I do not believe I don't need a man in my life. I CAN change my own tire, but that doesn't mean I won't accept a man's help. Men and women are like yin and yang. We both have different skills and when we work harmoniously, the world is a better place. I believe in men being gentlemen and holding the door open for me. I believe in women being nice and holding the door open for me. I believe in being a decent human being to all. When women put down men just for being men, we are just as bad as men not treating us equally. Do not hate the player, hate the game. Rise up and own your power as being a woman, while also being human. Change the game. Change the world.
DARE TO BE DIFFERENT. DARE TO BE BOLD. DARE TO WALK YOUR OWN PATH.
OWN YOUR POWER AS A WOMAN & GET IN TOUCH WITH WHAT YOU ARE TRULY CAPABLE OF AT THE WILDLY INSPIRED BOUDOIR/YOGA RETREAT!
CLICK THE PHOTO BELOW FOR MORE INFO!
Hey there! I am Laura, owner and creator of Inspire! I LOVE being at peace and refreshed in nature and it only came natural (ahem! pun NOT intended) that I create outdoor boudoir! I cannot wait to adventure with you!